Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Provide paraprofessional assistance to the EHS/Home Based program participants, including pregnant and parenting adults and children from birth to age 3. The Parent Educator is also responsible for providing resources and support through educational and family development activities. Participate in initial orientation and ongoing training; Conduct weekly home visits to families and provide services as outlined in the service plan. Build and encourage constructive relationships with the families to increase their knowledge of their children’s developmental needs and ability to advocate for their family. Serve as a positive role model for parents to help strengthen the parenting skills of adult caregivers in the families. Complete initial assessments on parents and children; May act as mentor for newly hired Parent Educator. Refer parents to community resources and provide follow-up to ensure needs were met. Complete all required documentation by established deadlines. Participate in monthly activities offered for families. Encourage and motivate parents to attend center-based socialization activities. Recruit new families through positive promotion of the agency and its programs. Participate in scheduled group and individual supervision meetings, providing progress of families and concerns. Responsible for recruiting entire caseload of 20 clients.
Qualifications: Parent Educator must be at least 21 years of age. One to five years experience required. Experience in a social services setting preferred. Must be familiar with the ethnic background and sensitive to the cultures of families in target communities. Must have access to an insured automobile. Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word required. Bachelors Degree in social service or childhood education required. Access to insured auto required.
Elgin requires Bilingual candidate able to read, write speak fluent Spanish.
Send resumes to: Careers@childserv.org or for further questions, please contact Ms. Bebe Bermudez at 773-867-7326.
- Understands how effective leadership can improve instruction and student learning
- Communicates effectively with all stakeholder groups
- Promotes success of all students by implementing district curricula, sustaining a school culture focused on learning, and providing effective feedback to staff members
- Provides and supports job-embedded professional learning
- Acts with integrity and fairness
- Ensures a safe, healthy, and productive school environment
- Possesses or is eligible (by July 1, 2015) for an Illinois Professional Educator License with Principal endorsement
Monday, December 15, 2014
Komensky School in South Berwyn SD100 has a vacancy for a reading specialist filling a long-term leave beginning mid-February and running through May. Komensky School has a student population of approximately 85% Latino students with a large bilingual program. Additionally, they are in their 4th year of a 1:1 wireless device program, have a strong professional development program, and will be moving toward a dual language program model in the coming years. Their primary classrooms are capped at 18-20 students, believing that small class sizes at the primary level can make a great impact on their students. Interested candidates should apply online or contact Principal Majeski as soon as possible.
Komensky Elementary School
2515 S. Cuyler
Berwyn, IL 60402
Komensky Elementary School
2515 S. Cuyler
Berwyn, IL 60402
Friday, December 5, 2014
Please send all inquiries about this position to:
Jennifer Kirmes, Principal
Amandla Charter High School
6800 S. Stewart Ave, 4th Floor
Ms. Kirmes writes:
I have always been tremendously impressed with teachers who have studied at Roosevelt -- so thank you for the work that you do and please know that it is recognized in schools and by school leaders throughout Chicago.
I am writing because we have an unexpected mid-year vacancy at Amandla and I'd love your help filling it if you know of any recent or soon-to-be December graduates who might be a good fit.
The mission of Chicago Collegiate Charter School is to equip ALL students with the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits to succeed in college, strengthen their communities and change the world.
Apply online at www.chicagocollegiate.org/careers.
We offer a great benefits package including:
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Dr. Linda Klobucher
Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction and Staff Development
310 E. James Street
Barrington, Illinois 60010
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
Berkeley School District 87 would like to invite you to apply for open teaching positions. School District #87 is conveniently located in Chicago's western suburbs and offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits. District #87 has easy access to the Chicago metropolitan area and its wealth of art and science museums, cultural activities, ethnic heritage, and recreational and entertainment centers, including year-round professional sports. Triton Community College and Elmhurst College are in the immediate vicinity, but all of the major universities of the City of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs are within easy driving distance of District #87.
We also are looking for day to day substitutes.
Please apply online at: Berkely School District 87
· Enables students to achieve their highest potential
· Keeps an accurate daily record book of attendance and grades
· Works to reach all students via a variety of teaching approaches
· Employs effective classroom management techniques for optimum learning
environment for all students
· Formally evaluates student performance through progress reports and
· Science Endorsement
· Urban teaching experience
· Supports classroom teachers in planning and implementing whole group and small group instruction
· Provides intervention and extension strategies to all learners
· Teaches alongside/in place of classroom teachers when needed
· Participates in professional development
· Collaborates with classroom teachers, administration and families to meet the needs of all students
· Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to Angela Johnson-Williams, Principal: email@example.com
Registration is now open!
Local 399 Union Hall
2260 S. Grove Street
Chicago, IL 60616
Monday, November 17, 2014
Friday, November 14, 2014
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Bachelor’s Degree in special education or related field LBS1 or special education endorsement.
Illinois Pre-Vocational Coordinator Approval preferred.
Presently, we're looking to fill Line Therapists positions throughout the Chicagoland area. This position would be primarily part-time and entails providing in-home ABA therapy to a child with autism. We are looking for candidates who have a passion working with children with special needs.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can Apply Online Here.
School districts from the Chicagoland area, Chicago public schools, and school districts from out-of-state will be present recruiting teachers for their school districts. A resume is required of each candidate who attends the Education Job Fair. More information and details will be shared soon; registration will take place at the fair on February 24th.
· Are academically curious and intelligent.
· Attend or have graduated from Roosevelt University as either an undergraduate, graduate, or professional student.
· Competitive compensation ranging from $15 - $35 per hour.
· Get to know great families from the community who will really appreciate your help.
· We connect tutors with students all over the U.S. and online for sessions so you can tutor in your hometown during breaks and in your college town during the school year!
Interested? Please apply at http://www.cardinalscholars.com/apply.php
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Head Start Teacher Assistant wanted. Minimum requirements: AA in child development, 1 year of direct service experience in an early childhood classroom or new graduate with student learning experience. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Email resumes and cover letters to: Laura Rios or mail to Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago, Attn: Laura Rios, 651 W Lake Street, Chicago, Illinois 60661.
A degree in Special Education and Illinois LBS I certification, one year of teaching experience in special education, and endorsements are required. Must be Highly Qualified according to IL State Board of Education; Certified preferred.
Amandla is looking for Math and Science teachers, preferably with experience working in inner city communities. Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.